Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Worst Film Criteria

So, I've been racking my brain to figure out what movie I consider to be the worst piece of crap of all time. I cannot seem to narrow my list of crap down to one film. I think it is because there are so many different elements to a film, that excellence in one area can overshadow a poor production. A great cast can do wonders with a horrible script. Likewise, a great director can pull an academy-award-winning performance out of a terrible actor. Ironically, an all-around terrible movie: terrible plot, acting, directing etc. usually is so terrible that it becomes good, or a cult classic. For every good aspect of a film, it should have two bad aspects. It also should have a reasonable level of excitement/expectations surrounding it prior to its premiere or viewing. That's my criteria for worst flick, a 2:1 ratio, and disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. I feel what you mean. When I try to think of one I realize i really like it, a great example similar to what you mentioned is The Fifth Element. Its such a 'bad' movie it becomes one of the greatest films. Another one is The Warriors, terrible but amazing.

    ReplyDelete